The Parish Council welcomes you and encourages you to reach out to the committee below to share
thoughts, feedback and inquire about the operation of the parish.
ST JOHN VIANNEY PARISH MISSION STATEMENT
We are a Roman Catholic community united in Christ through Baptism, rooted in the Gospel and the Traditions of the Church, giving witness to the Faith through acts of charity and service, always reaching beyond ourselves and bringing others to Christ.
We accomplish this by:
• Worshipping together in Spirit and Truth, united through the Liturgy and the Sacraments
• Providing a strong faith formation program for youth and adults
• Sharing the Good News of Christ in word and deed with the larger community, including our brothers and sisters of other religious traditions.
PASTORAL COUNCIL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The pastoral council is the official consultative and advisory body for St John Vianney Parish to the pastor. Its purpose is to foster the mission of the parish in light of the gospel and the mission of the Church and our diocese. The council recognizes that it is bound to observe Canon Law and the norms established by the Diocese of Providence. “A pastoral council is to be established in each parish; the pastor presides over it, and through it the Christian faithful along with those who share in the pastoral care of the parish in virtue of their office give their help in fostering pastoral activity. This pastoral council possesses a consultative vote only and is governed by norms determined by the diocesan bishop.” (CIC 536). It plays an important role in growing and sustaining the vitality of the parish.
The responsibilities of the Council are to:
1. Bring the ideas, requests, concerns, and questions of the parishioners to the attention of the pastor
2. Advise, assist, and support the pastor and his staff in articulating a vision for the ministry of the parish, and to communicate that vision clearly to the members of the parish
3. Identify pastoral needs of the parish
4. Promote the active participation of the parish community in the ministry of the parish